0808 252 0678 [email protected] Let us call you back Send us brief details

If you have sustained hearing loss, deafness, tinnitus, or some other hearing-related problem as a result of work for the armed forces – even if you were a civilian employee of the MoD – you may be able to make an army hearing loss claim with the specialist solicitors at Seth Lovis & Co.

You can claim if you are a member of the Army, Navy or RAF

Whether you are still a member, or you have since left the armed forces, if you have sustained hearing damage as a result of exposure to excessive noise or sudden impact trauma, you may be able to claim for RAF, navy, or army hearing loss.

The Ministry of Defence, like all employers, has an obligation to abide by the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 and the piece of legislation that preceded this – the Noise at Work Regulations 1989. Therefore, you should be protected from all levels of noise that might damage your hearing and cause conditions such as tinnitus and hyperacusis.

Inevitably, there are some environments where noise levels exceed the recommended thresholds. However, the relevant Health and Safety legislation makes it clear that where this is the case, steps should be taken to reduce noise and provide hearing protection where possible.

The MoD has a variety of steps it can take to prevent hearing loss in its employees, including the provision of suitable ear defenders. If you believe that the MoD has failed to uphold the duty of care it owes you, call our personal injury solicitors on 0808 252 0678 for frank, thorough and authoritative advice. Alternatively, use the online enquiry form featured on the right hand column of this page.

Can you claim for hearing loss sustained on the front line?

Soldiers and helicopterThere are instances where the MoD is exempt from liability for hearing loss claims. For example, where armed forces personnel receive hearing damage as a result of excessive noise exposure at the level of front-line combat, the Ministry of Defence has technical immunity from liability for claims.

Interestingly, there may be exceptions to this. For example, if a claimant has received medical advice that front-line combat might place undue damage to his or her hearing because of an underlying health condition, but the MoD has then pressured or placed the claimant on the front line anyhow, it may be possible to establish liability.

Call 0808 252 0678 today if you believe there may be specific circumstances that make the MoD liable for your front-line hearing loss.

Pre-May 1987 exception

Unfortunately, any person who suffered their injury as result of pre-May 15 1987 service will not be able to claim compensation for their deafness or hearing damage. This is due to technicalities under the Crown Proceedings Act which, even today, prevent the making of any such claims.

However, if your injury arose as a result of service or work performed after this date, you may be entitled to compensation. If you would like to discuss your options, please call 0808 252 0678 to speak to our experienced lawyers in central London today..

Claim for hearing loss sustained as a member of the armed forces

Seth Lovis & Co personal injury solicitors are experts in noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL) claims and act for clients around the country. If you have noticed your hearing deteriorate in the past three years and have been exposed to loud noise while working for the army, navy, or RAF, please contact us today to see if you might be entitled to claim compensation. adipex diet pills for sale cheap

In 2014 a Freedom of Information request revealed that out of 156,220 serving members of the armed forces 3,530 had impaired hearing.

If you have sustained NIHL, please don't hesitate to contact our specialist armed forces injury solicitors who can help you claim full compensation for army hearing loss. Simply call us on 0370 218 4025 or submit an online enquiry form and we will call you back to discuss your enquiry.

Contact Us