Occupational dermatitis is one of the main causes of industrial related injury. It occurs as a result of exposure to hazardous substances that causes an inflammatory reaction to the skin. It mainly affects the hands but in some cases it can affect other body parts including the arms, legs, face and neck. If you have dermatitis as a result of poor working conditions at work, you may be able to make a dermatitis claim.
What is Occupational Dermatitis?
Occupational dermatitis occurs as a result of exposure to substances such as;
- cleaning agents
- mineral oils
- hand-washing agents
It mainly affects the hands but other parts of the body may also be affected.
Occupational dermatitis can be divided into two main groups; Primary skin irritants and secondary irritants. Primary skin irritants produce a direct inflammation on the area of contact. Secondary skin irritants generally occur after a longer period of exposure with the effect not necessarily being confined to the area of skin exposed to the substance.
Who is at risk of developing Dermatitis?
Those at risk of developing either primary of secondary dermatitis may include workers in the following industries:
- Construction workers handling resins and manufacturing cement
- Hospital, kitchen or hotel workers in regular contact with industrial strength cleaners and pharmaceuticals
- Workers involved in the manufacture of cement
- Mechanics and metal machining workers in contact with mineral oils
- Farm and industrial workers handling pesticides and preservatives.
With any occupational dermatitis claim, it is necessary to prove that the employer acted negligently in not providing the employee with the correct health and safety equipment such as gloves, masks or overalls.
Our Benefit to You
As part of our service to you, we will;
- Arrange free home visits, anywhere in the UK
- Run your case on a no win no fee basis and guarantee you receive 100% of your compensation award
- Work as hard as we can to secure you the best possible level of compensation
- Make ourselves available out of hours if you need to speak with us urgently
You can speak with one of our solicitors today by calling us on 0808 252 0678 or if you would prefer for us to call you, please complete the call back request form.
Your Dermatitis Claim
If you have developed occupational dermatitis and your circumstances are not listed above, don’t worry, you may still have a valid claim for occupational dermatitis. Contact us today and one of our expert solicitors will be happy to assist you with your dermatitis enquiry. You can call us for free on 0808 252 0678 or submit an enquiry form.