Millions of people in the UK enjoy horse riding at home and for many the activity is also an important aspect of their holiday abroad. However, accidents do sometimes occur, particularly where there are failures in safety planning. Where a rider sustains injury in an accident that has been organised by a tour operator, he or she may be able to make a holiday accident claim under the Package Travel Regulations (1992).
Call 0808 252 0678 today to talk to Seth Lovis & Co about the possibilities of you making a claim in civil law.
Generally speaking, it is necessary for any person injured in the course of participating in a tour operator-organised activity to prove that the operator was negligent in allowing or causing the incident to occur.
As such, it may be possible to claim for the following types of incident:
- An accident caused by an unsuitable horse;
- An accident caused by a dangerous horse;
- An accident caused by faulty or defective equine equipment
- An accident caused by faulty or defective facilities
- Any injury caused by tour operator carelessness
- Any injury caused by tour operator recklessness
- An accident caused by an insecurely fixed girdle or saddle
- An injury caused by a failure to provide the rider with a safety helmet
- An accident caused by another vehicle
- An accident caused by a failure in tour group leadership
- An accident due to overbooking or overcrowding
- An accident caused by an unsafe or unsuitable equine trail route
Holiday horse riding accidents involving children
Children are among the most vulnerable riders and especial care must be taken by tour operators to consider their particular and individual safety needs.
In the event that your child has suffered an injury, whether a break or fracture or a more serious head or spinal injury, while participating in a tour operator organised activity such as a horse, pony or donkey ride, talk to Seth Lovis & Co personal injury solicitors about making a holiday accident claim for full compensation.
Seth Lovis & Co holiday accident solicitors
If you or your child or partner has suffered injury while horse riding as part of a tour operator organised activity it may be possible to make a holiday accident claim as part of the Package Travel Regulations.
Seth Lovis & Co is an experienced and approachable personal injury solicitors firm based in WC1, the heart of legal London, but serving the whole of the United Kingdom.
Contact our offices on 0370 218 4025 to see whether you are eligible to claim for your illness or injury.